electronicsguy
electronicsguy, Engineer
Experience:  Worked on these instruments for over 15 years.
25158178

I cannot get streaming on my TV. When I press the Roku

Customer Question

I cannot get streaming on my TV. When I press the Roku button,all I receive is "Roku language" and the words "Pair your remote" with illustrations.
JA: What's the make/model number of your device? How old is it?
Customer: My Roku has no model number,but it has a serial number. Will that suffice?
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It all started last night. It had been working perfectly for years prior to this sudden turn of events. I turned it on as usual last night and got the aforementioned items on screen. I just checked with Norton on my security against viruses, and they everything is all right.
JA: Anything else you want the video expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  electronicsguy replied 3 months ago.

Hi welcome to just answer

The message is for you to pair your remote. This can be caused by battery power loss. Please get new battery on your remote and the near the battery location there is a pairing button that you need to press it for 30 seconds to pair with the roku box.

Please try this and let me know the results.