Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

My Seeburg Firestar will not reject the record at the end of

Customer Question

My Seeburg Firestar will not reject the record at the end of play! I must do it manually by the back of the unit or service switch! The magnet is on the tone arm! I shorted the mercury switch with a jumper no response! I traced out the wires and checked for continuity, all good! I did try to adjust the mercury switch several times nothing. The mech plays extremely well for 40 some years! I also replaced the trip relay just to try, no response! Please help!I purchased this box from an owner in Texas!
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

This problem can occur if the little magnet has come unglued and fallen off.

The metal is non magnetic so you will need to take it off, clean it with isopropyl alcohol and then glue the magnet exactly in the same place that it was originally.

Here is a video guide to this common repair:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKtTG9A48pI

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press submit at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------