Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Electronics technician for install, troubleshooting, and repairs.
59725966

DVD player will not eject. DX26D150A11/DX-32LD150A11. I do

Customer Question

DVD player will not eject
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: DX26D150A11/DX-32LD150A11. I do not know the age
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Yes the menus works
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: We watched a dvd, then tried to eject it. It shows eject then no disc but the disc does not appear
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Unfortunately this is most often a hardware failure (bad motor, worn gear, loose belt, etc in the ejection mechanism, faulty switch or sensor, or just an obstruction by a disc that is out of place)

There are a few things you can try:

First unplug power for at least an hour, then press and hold the power/on button while plugging back in, and keep holding for another 60 seconds. If it still doesn't open, repeat the process but with the eject button instead of power.

If it still does not open, pick the tv up and shake/tilt the player side to side gently, hopefully dislodging the stuck disc inside that could be preventing it from opening, then try to open again.

If none of these help, then there is an internal hardware defect, which will need to be repaired.

If it gets to that point, I can advise you on service options.

Let me know the results, and I'll advise further, if needed.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work as an independent technician.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.