Recorders and Players

Recorder Player Problems? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Recorders and Players

We are trying to re-set our wi-fi connection not recognizing

Customer Question
added 5g? JA: What's the make/model...
we are trying to re-set our wi-fi connection not recognizing added 5g?
JA: What's the make/model number of your device? How old is it?
Customer: roku express, 4 mos. old,
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: a repair man came a few weeks ago and helped upgrade to 5g as well repairing a general area problem. Recently we've noticed more buffering. Our cell phones recognize the 5g, but not the three tv's with roku?
JA: Anything else you want the video expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not today thank-you.
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
7/14/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 6 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
OK: What sort of 5G device did the repair man put in, please? that might be a way of identifying the problem.

Also telling us, what model the three TVs that don't work are, could shed light on this problem.

the tvs mighty be the problem. They are all smart tvs. 1 brand new. Vizio, Samsung, Sanyo.

Good. I was thinking they might not have 5G capability. What sort of 5G device did the repair man put in, please?

I'm not sure how to answer what kind of 5g did he install. Just showed me how to connect to it. When he was here we did it, now we can't seem to follow the re - connect steps
Only or cells will re - connect.
Again, he just mentioned having the 5g would be better.
Now I'm thinking.. was that a free trial? Times up, now I need to start paying?

Just the name off the box would do, please. It's that simple, I think. Belkin? Netgear? Linksys? Cisco? Verizon? I need to know roughly what we're dealing with, along those lines, you see. (Not just the name off any box, but the box put in when you got 5G service. If no new box was put in, the name off the box that provides the 5G service would do!)

SONIC?

Sonic.net 5G service?

I just know we very recently switched to sonic. Had a little trouble, a tech was sent here to fix it, and before leaving mentioned he added 5g to our current Sonic -6730.
The tvs now read signal strength
POOR.?

I regret that 6730 doesn't seem to be a model #. What model # is on the network box that the TVs are trying to work through?

Model # off box is 5268ACFXN
Are you still there? Wanted to have a phone
Are you still there? What's happening? Have two Dr. APPTS. STARTING AT 1.45. PLEASE RESPOND. THANK - YOU.

I'm sorry - I was unavoidably offline for some hours.

That box model is an ATT UVerse networking box.

Are you trying to connect the TVs via wireless? if so, have you thought of connecting them by an Ethernet network cable, to the router box's common ports (the numbered ones) instead? that would provide the internet connection needed! and is very easy to set up, practically no setup needed actually, compared to the finicky process of getting WiFi/wireless to work.

Louie, Technician