Recorders and Players

Recorder Player Problems? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Recorders and Players

I have a DVD recorder/VHS recorder player. Recently it quit

Customer Question
I have a Phillips DVD...
I have a Phillips DVD recorder/VHS recorder player. Recently it quit burning DVDs. It will still play them, just won't record.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Philips is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Hang on I'll have to down and get model number. Be rite back
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: it's a Magnavox ZV427MG9 A I don't remember when I got It. Anywhere from 5 to 10 years ago.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
7/12/2017
Electronics Technician: electronicsguy, Engineer replied 6 months ago
electronicsguy
electronicsguy, Engineer

Hi welcome to just answer

Have you ever performed laser cleaning?

Have changed the brand of dvd recently?

What model of dvds are you trying to record On?

Can you read dvds that were recently recorded successful?

It is a Magnavox ZV427MG9 A and it's from 5 to 10 years old

Ok

Have you ever performed laser cleaning?

Have changed the brand of dvd recently?

I have never performed laser cleaning. Don't know how. I'm using the same brand of dvd's that I usually use. I can play any DVD even the ones I burned.

Try this and let me know the results

Are there other possible problems besides just cleaning it?
It could be related to burn laser power but clean would help us arrive to that
electronicsguy
electronicsguy
electronicsguy, Engineer