Rusty
Rusty, Engineer
Experience:  Karaoke Systems Manager, signal specialist, all recorders and players expert
63817454

I have 3 roku but the one in the bedroom will not allow me

Customer Question

I have 3 roku but the one in the bedroom will not allow me to get on Netflix it says "failed to launch Netflix because not enough space. Remove a channel what is that about
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Rusty replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

Expert:  Rusty replied 5 months ago.

Channels like Soundcloud use up storage on the Roku. Other channels do that as well, and Netflix needs a "buffer" zone in order to stream movies, otherwise all movies would be choppy. You'll need to free up some space on your Roku to get rid of the error.

First, remove power from Roku for about 30 seconds. Try Netflix. If it still doesn't work, we'll have to remove some channels that you don't use to free up space. If this doesn't work, we'll hard reset it, and it will return to factory settings.

1. On your Roku remote control, press the home button.
  2. You will then see all of your Roku channels on the screen, move the selector onto the channel you wish to delete with the remote control arrow buttons.
  3. Do not click the ok button but instead click the * (options) button on your remote control.
  4. You will then be given the option to “Remove channel”.
  5. Click OK and the Roku player will ask you “Confirm channel removal”.
  6. Select “Remove” and the channel will be removed from your Roku channels.
  7. Do this for other channels you do not use, this will free up space.

Let me know if this works, or if we need to hard reset your Roku.