Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Electronics technician for install, troubleshooting, and repairs.
59725966

Thanks for your interest. How do i reset to international

Customer Question

Thanks for your interest.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: How do i reset to international DVD Code player ; Panasonic DMR- PWT 530
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: a. From purchase this player has only played the "local" code dicks.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: b. No trouble shooting tried yet; set works well just require 'regin code reset
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Honestly, there isn't anything you can do in this case. The problem here is that the player is designed for and locked to a specific region while you're attempting to play a disc from another region. These region codes were set up by the movie studios to help prevent piracy, and there is no easy way around them. While you may see some “hacks” online, they are not applicable to all models, as most do not have the ability to be overridden by a software adjustment, including yours. Combo player/recorder units are virtually never unrestricted.

This region coding protocol is physically built into the hardware (chips on the control board) of the player, and changing it would require physical modifications to the player (swapping out chips) that would void the warranty and often permanently damage the player.

Your best options are to re-purchase the discs you want to play in your country with the proper region code, or buy a purpose made region-free player that does not have this hardware restriction.

I'm sorry there isn't a more optimistic answer here, it's simply a design limitation of the player.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the answer,

Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.