Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I TRIED HOOKING UP ANEW ROKU, AKREADY HAVE I A FUNCTIONING

Customer Question

I TRIED HOOKING UP ANEW ROKU, AKREADY HAVE I A FUNCTIONING ONE. IT WOULD NOT TAKE ACTIVATION CODE. WAS TOLD MY IP HAS BEEN HACKED. IF I GET A NEW MODEM AND INTERNET CONNECTIO WILL THIS ALLEVIATE THE PROBLE WITHOUT PAYING 200.00 FOR A CLEAN UP? 85 YRS YOUNG COMPUTER KINDA ILLITERATE AND ON FIXED INCOM
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: VESTRO 200 TAG JZHSCK 1 WINDOWS 7 I THINK
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: MY COMPUTER DOES IT ALL AUTO
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: YES PLEASE ...HELP
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this problem. It would be my pleasure to assist you. May I ask who told you that your ip had been hacked. That sounds very unlikely.