electronicsguy
electronicsguy, Engineer
Experience:  Worked on these instruments for over 15 years.
25158178

I have a Pioneer Laser disk player model CLD V850, also

Customer Question

I have a Pioneer Laser disk player model CLD V850, also plays CD+G's when i insert a cd or laser disk the eye moves in to read it but keeps going till it starts clicking cause it can't go no further and the disks do not spin. and sometimes the trays wont open. as for the first question ..no it was never dropped but my grand daughter might have done something. there is no forgein objects in it either...
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Pioneer is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: do not know how old i had it for 2 months...exact model is CLD-V850
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: going on for 3 days. opened it to look around inside but i think it is out of Alignment or maybe she banged it somehow. ( she is 6 ) I see the laser eye come on and the eye moves in to read but keeps going till it cant go no more and starts chattering cause it is jumping the worm gear.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  electronicsguy replied 4 months ago.

Hi welcome to just answer

I am afraid that there might be a significant damage on the disk loading mechanism. The tray not open tells me that it is gear damage of locking obstruction.

The reading area not finding the cd, it looks like the limits that tells the laser to stop are not functioningredients.

I am sorry that this might need someone to physically look at the system at a repair shop or sending it in for manufacturer warranty or paid repairs.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
ok i found the problem I have a ripped ribbon cable on the laser lens pickup.. is the laser lens pickup in the cld v850 the same as the one in a cld v880. ?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
there pretty close they both look the same..
The only way to tell if they are similar is to get the one which is defective and read its part number. Most likely, they are similar and could be mounted differently.