Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

MY roku 3 (mODEL 4200x) wILL NOT PLAY. tHE roku ON MY sMART

Customer Question

mY roku 3 (mODEL 4200x) wILL NOT PLAY. tHE roku ON MY sMART tv IS STILL WORKING, IT IS ONLY THE 2 roku 3'S THAT DO NOT.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: The ROKU's aree abo9ut 2 years old, the TV it self is about 3. Both of the ROKUs worked earlier in the day.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Nothing happened. My wife turned on the Insignia TV in the bedroom.
JA: Anything else you want the video expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not really. Like I said it worked right up until she turned it on tonight. I tried to replace it with another ROKU 3 and got the same response
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

So you have 2 rokus that won't work?

Can you tell me more about what is happening with them?

Is the tv seeming to not turn on at all? Can you see other things on this same insignia tv, such as cable/satellite, dvd, etc?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
2 ROKU 3's that do not work. They will not connect to the internet. I have re-entered the password ***** no connection. Everything on all the TV's work. Local channel's. There is no DVD to the insignia, just the ROKU.
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

I need you to test something else on the insignia besides the roku though. Do you have tv channels on it you can check?

Are you able to test the roku on a different tv other than the insignia?

Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.