Recorders and Players

Recorder Player Problems? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Recorders and Players

Rook worked wirelessly with our old Samsung. Now when we try

Customer Question
Rook worked wirelessly with our...
Rook worked wirelessly with our old Samsung. Now when we try to connect using a new Vizio, we get an error message saying Roku is not connected to Internet.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: Roku 2
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: We have not used our Roku for some months. This is the first try with the new TV.
JA: Anything else you want the video expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have followed the instructions for connecting to Wireless, choosing the network and entering the password.
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Phone call should be made to land line. Our cell reception is not great. We are on our way to dinner but home tonight.
Land line: (###) ###-####
5/9/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 6 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

As an initial step, please go into the roku settings menu, and choose the Factory Reset (restore defaults) option,

when the roku comes back on, it will prompt you to enter your wifi information again,

then let me know if it is able to connect.

Thanks,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.

Sorry Nathan. Illness here has preempted working on the Roku problem. Since your message I have been alerted to a charge for service on a monthly basis. $5 was all I thought I was going to be charged initially until I decided I wanted the service to continue. I will try tomorrow, May 18, to get the problem of the Roku addressed. Thanks for your attention to the request for an answer.

No problem at all, take your time.

You have the option of doing a monthly service or just a one time help if you don't need the subscription. I can help you sort that later as well if needed. Get well soon,

Nathan, Technician