Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Cannot get my magnavox zv420mw8 to record from vhs to dvd.

Customer Question
Cannot get my magnavox...

Cannot get my magnavox zv420mw8 to record from vhs to dvd. What am I doing wrong?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Its a magnavox zv420mw8 not sure of the year just purchased it on ebay. Ordered a remote control for it but it hasnt arrived in the mail.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Just started connecting it to my samsung hdvd tv. The vcr tape plays on the tv. Not sure if I got the patch cords hooked up correctly and not sure once I put the vhs tape in and place the disc in what record button do i hit.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?

Just need to know if i have it patched ok and if im using the correct dvd discs and if im operating the unit correctly.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Recorders and Players
3/21/2017
Electronics Technician: Louie, Technician replied 1 year ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer; a Q & A site and I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, are you able to watch both VHS and DVD?