Recorders and Players

Recorder Player Problems? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Recorders and Players

The CD compartment on my DMR-EX75 will not remain closed,

Customer Question
the CD compartment on my...
the CD compartment on my DMR-EX75 will not remain closed
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: its a panasonic DMR-EX75 possibly 10 yrs old..been fantastic but just suddenly will not close the CD door
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: just happened just got on line for help
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no tks
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Recorders and Players
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/11/2017
Electronics Technician: Louie, Technician replied 1 year ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to the site, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, the described symptom almost always points to an internal hardware issue.

Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter (and even perhaps a soldering iron)?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm not able to make the necessary repairs myself tks

I understand.

Should you be uncomfortable with a DIY, perhaps your best bet would then be to consult with and/or seek the services of an authorized Service Center. If would pursue repairs, please call Panasonic Australia customer care team on 132 600 between 8.30 a.m. and 6.00 p.m. Monday to Friday (EST). Be sure to have the following details available:

• Product model number
  • Serial number
  • Purchase date
  • Retail store name

I realize that the above information may perhaps be not what was expected. Unfortunately, there is no quick-n-easy fix and neither is there a workaround; sorry for having to be the bearer of bad news.

Louie, Technician