Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years fixing Electronically devices
32989067

I am trying to register my DVD player with sony

Customer Question

Hi I am trying to register my DVD player with sony entertainment to allow me to download apps particularly the netflix app, but I cannot find where to register.
JA: What's the make/model number of your device? How old is it?
Customer: about 5 years old
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: nothing just now wanted to get netflix, Sony DVD works fine, I have all this stuff that is internet connected so thought I would set it up
JA: Anything else you want the video expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No just want to know if I can stream netflix via Sony box
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please the model of the DVD player?

Thank you

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
BDP-S570
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

ok, what you need to do is connect the DVD to your wireless internet so it then has an internet connection.

Then you can run Netflix

The steps to connect it are as follows

1. Turn on the Blu-ray Disc player.
  2. Using the supplied remote, press the HOME button.
  3. Use the arrow buttons to select Setup.
  4. Use the up arrow or down arrow to select Network Settings.
  5. Press the ENTER button.
  6. Use the up arrow or down arrow to select Internet Settings.
  7. Press the ENTER button.
  8. Use the up arrow or down arrow to select Wireless.
  9. Press the ENTER button.
  10. Use the up arrow or down arrow to select the appropriate LAN setting.
    • Automatic Registration (WPS): Select this LAN setting when connecting the player to a Wi-Fi Protected Setup-compatible wireless LAN router with security set.
    • Access point scan: Select this LAN setting when the player is connected to a wireless LAN router that is Wi-Fi Protected Setup compatible without security or not Wi-Fi Protected Setup-compatible.
    • Manual registration: This option is for advance users that would prefer to add all of the settings manually.
  11. Press the ENTER button to allow the player to search for available networks.

NOTE: Depending on variables, such as signal strength and the amount of wireless networks in the immediate range, this process may take a few minutes to complete.

12. Use the up arrow or down arrow to select the appropriate access point.
  13. Press the ENTER button.
  14. Use the up arrow or down arrow to select the appropriate security setting.
  15. Press the ENTER button.
  16. Press the ENTER button again.
  17. Use the arrow buttons to enter the WEP or WPA key on the on screen key pad.

NOTES:

• The security key will always appear as eight asterisks.
    • If your WEP or WPA key includes capitalized letters you may have to perform an additional step. To change the case of the keypad press the Red button on the remote. This button will alternate the case of the characters between lower-case and upper-case.
  18. Select Finish.
  19. Press the ENTER button.
  20. Press the right arrow to continue.
  21. Use the up arrow or down arrow to select either Auto Acquisition or Manual for entering the IP address.

NOTE: For certain models, if a Manual option is not available it is not possible to manually set the IP address.
  22. Press the ENTER button.
  23. If Manual was selected follow these steps, otherwise continue to step 24.
    1. Use the arrow buttons to enter the IP address on the on-screen key pad .
    2. Select Finish.
    3. Press the ENTER button.
  24. Use the up arrow or down arrow to select either Auto or Manual for the DNS setting.
  25. Press the ENTER button.
  26. If Manual was selected follow these steps, otherwise continue to step 27.
    1. Use the arrow buttons to enter the DNS address on the on screen key pad .
    2. Select Finish .
    3. Press the ENTER button.
  27. Use the up arrow or down arrow to select whether or not a proxy setting is being used.
  28. Press the ENTER button.
  29. If Manual was selected, follow these steps other wise continue to step 30.
    1. Use the arrow buttons to enter the proxy address on the on screen key pad .
    2. Select Finish.
    3. Press the ENTER button.
  30. To verify that the setting are correct, use the up arrow or down arrow to select perform.
  31. Press the ENTER button.
  32. Once the diagnosis is completed, press the ENTER button to finish the set up process.

Let me know when you have done this please or which step you get stuck on

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi I have connected to the internet, but cannot download the netflix app
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

ok, what exactly happens when you try to download the app? And from where are you downloading it? As I do not see any apps listed for this model

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
SOny entertainment site, there are others there is Quickflix
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

ok, create an account then via my link below on your computer

https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/liquid/reg/account/create-account!input.action

Then sign in using that account

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks that might be it
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

thats where you make the account, though with later devices you can ignore it but yours will be forcing it due to its age (now days the apps come preinstalled)

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you