Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

How do I deactivate child lock on my lg talking vcr model

Customer Question

how do I deactivate child lock on my lg talking vcr model ec290sw - I do not have the remote
JA: What's the make/model number of your device? How old is it?
Customer: make is LG
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I have not tried to use the vcr for 3 years
JA: Anything else you want the video expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Dr. Fix-It replied 6 months ago.

Hi my name is Shaw aka Dr.Fix-It , Your online expert ready to assist you... If do not have the remote control to turn of the C.Lock then can try two functions on the vcr controls with no tape loaded, unit plugged in and power on:

1. Press and hold down the power button for a full 30 seconds, release and then see if the safe mode message is cleared?
  2. If that does not clear try pressing and holding down the REC button dwn for a full 30 seconds to see if clears the safe mode?

~

Please give it a try and let me know if have any questions along the way with a reply....only rate my answer ok, great, or EXCELLENT after we have worked on the issue together to your satisfaction. Bonuses are welcomed & appreciated. I look forward to any future inquires as well, Thank You

~