Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Electronics technician for install, troubleshooting, and repairs.
59725966

My ower manual states that theLAN adapter must be DY-WL5, is

Customer Question

my ower manual states that theLAN adapter must be DY-WL5, is it the case and if not which is the right one. thanks
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: the make is Panasonic model DMP-BD91 about 10 years old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I am just now getting on the net and want be worry-free
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: not really. Other than my TV is a Panasonic HD from some 5 to 10 yeads old
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.

If you gave me the correct model, the wifi is already built in, no dongle is required.

If it is an older model it may need one.

The model you mentioned can use either wired or wifi.

However there is a bigger issue that being an older model, most of the apps on it aren't even supported at this point. Netflix may work, but things like youtube, pandora, and amazon will not because the player is no longer being updated and has old software.

Other than replacing it with a new player, what I would recommend is keeping it as-is for playing discs, and then connecting your tv to a separate external streaming device. For $40 or so you can buy a roku or fire tv and get all the same functions and many more, with better performance and support and lower cost.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.