Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Electronics technician for install, troubleshooting, and repairs.
59725966

I have an SLV-D500P DVD-VCR which I purchased in 2003 and my

Customer Question

I have an SLV-D500P DVD-VCR which I purchased in 2003 and my remote is broken. Can the remote be replaced or can you tell me how to switch manually between VIDEO and DVD?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: I have an SLV-D500P DVD-VCRwhich I purchased in 2003 and my remote is broken. Can the remote be replaced or can you tell me how to switch manually between VIDEO and DVD?
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: A long time...can you help me?
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

You should have a mode button on the front, actually 2, at the lower right corner on the front of the player is a Select button for DVD and one for VIDEO.

You may also purchase a replacement remote inexpensively online, here: http://amzn.to/2gwC0RP

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.