Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Electronics technician for install, troubleshooting, and repairs.
59725966

Do you have to have internet service with your computer in

Customer Question

do you have to have internet service with your computer in order to get roku?
JA: What's the make/model number of your device? How old is it?
Customer: I have two devices. first: oldest model 3050x Roku2 XD 3 or 4 years old.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: second device Roku 1, model 2710X only had it a couple of months.
JA: Anything else you want the video expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

The roku requires a high speed internet connection, and typically is used over wifi.

Some roku models have an ethernet port that can plug into your internet connection (modem/router) with a cord instead of using a wireless signal, but you do need a high speed internet connection, preferably cable or dsl based. While other options can work (like satellite or 3/4g cellular) those tend to be much slower and also often have maximum usage amounts that can end up getting very costly for streaming video.

A computer is not required for the roku to operate, but you do need to be able to get to roku.com at some point (from a computer, phone, or tablet) to set upa roku account.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.