Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a pioneer avic 5000nex and I forgot the password is

Customer Question

I have a pioneer avic 5000nex and I forgot the password ***** ***** anyway to bypass this
JA: What's the make/model number of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Pioneer avic 5000nex about 2yrs old
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: My xm radio said check antenna so I took it to where I got it installed he reset it and now I need my password
JA: Anything else you want the video expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No think that's it I just need to bypass the password *****
Category: Recorders and Players
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Do you know when I might get an answer
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 8 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

(I regret that I am not able to offer Live Phone Call service at this time; However, your request is still open to other Experts in this category, and one of them may pick up on it at any time.)

Please allow me to comment for starters: your question was posted about 2 a.m. in the early morning hours. That meant, it was not likely to be answered quickly, particularly since it is a somewhat difficult question to answer.

An activation code for a car radio or car stereo etc., is an anti-theft feature. When the device is removed from the car, the battery power is interrupted to it, and this activates the anti-theft feature. The entering of an obscure code is required before one may use the radio or stereo etc. again.

Sometimes this anti-theft feature is activated when no theft is involved, for instance:

- when a car stereo is sold, after being taken out of a car, by its legitimate owner.

- when a car's battery has been disconnected for servicing of various sorts or in the event of car battery failure.

The code is very hard to 'generate' or hard to find. It would not be an effective anti-theft deterrent otherwise. I have not the means to generate the code for you (though I believe it is generated from the serial # of the device and according to the maker and model.)

I advise that you take the car to a dealership for that brand, and have them generate and enter the code for your stereo.