How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Russell H. Your Own Question
Russell H.
Russell H., Service Tech
Category: Recorders and Players
Satisfied Customers: 11207
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
Type Your Recorders and Players Question Here...
Russell H. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a complaint. I am a 75 year old woman whose husband

Customer Question

I have a complaint. I am a 75 year old woman whose husband has Parkinsons disease. He cannot use a cell phone and needs a remote to access ROKU. I ordered a remote because he misplaced our remote. It turned out to be the wrong remote and now I have had to order another remote and now I am told that in order to get a refund I have to mail the incorrect remote back. THat means going to the post office and that is really inconvenient for me. I should have gone to Amazon and just thrown out the Roku, which is still what I am thinking of doing.
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: Don't you see the phone is not the problem. I can use the phone but my HUSBAND CANNOT BECAUSE H E HAS PARKIN/SONS DISEASE. Are you all understanding this
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up? No. I'm the video technician's Assistant.
Customer: I was forced to order a new remote and now have to go to the trouble of mailing back the incorrect remote.
JA: Anything else you want the video expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO my complaint is not a technical issue. It is a complaint with your company for not understanding an issue with a handicapped person.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Russell H. replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I'm sorry at the way the automated assistant may have offended you. I hope that I can do better.

As for a wrong remote, that is definitely a matter for mailing back the item, to the company that you bought the remote from. That company is undoubtedly not my company, I'm glad to say... I work for, which is not a shipping company nor a mail-order nor an internet-order company, and thus could not possibly in any event have sent you a wrong remote.

I hope I can provide some helpful advice, but the above are the basics of the case for sure. I do not know of the company that you bought the remote from, but if you tell me I can give you further instructions. Also, a thought: if going to the post office is inconvenient for you (it certainly is, for me! beyond any doubts, so I agree on that point...) then I wonder if you could use UPS Ground delivery instead, having it picked up at your door? For a slight extra charge perhaps... and if the company that sent you the remote is so cheap as to only have a P. O. Box address to return it to, that of course would not be an option.

But, it would mean you would just have to pack up the wrong remote in its original packaging, seal it up, and put a label on it with the return address of the company that sent it to you on the label. And then call United Parcel Service (UPS) for a UPS Ground pickup.

For a few extra dollars (since UPS is not government-funded the way the US Postal Service is) but for the convenience of not having to go to the post office, I hope that would do.

Let me know what you think - and if you need help on any point. Especially, the name of the company or store or vendor that you are returning the remote to. And I will advise you further.