Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My remote got hot and need a new one. Can I use roku for TV

Customer Question

My remote got hot and need a new one. Can I use roku for TV without the use of a remote
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: TV is Dynex and is about 5 years old
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: just got it recently, a couple of months ago
JA: Anything else you want the video expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just need a working remote and I would like to use without remote if possible until I get one
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack and I will be helping you today
Please note that I am an independent tech. that depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website and I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , they are sent by the website ,not by me but let me know if you`d rather do this on the phone.
That being said , a few questions coming up and by the way , pearl that greeted you is a computer so never mind the odd questions and suggestions.;
Please let me know when you are ready to proceed .
Also ,Could you please give me the tv`s model number written on the back cover ?

Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

DO NOT open other posts PLEASE , I got the other one closed , reply to me here ,

Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

Which remote got hot , the tv or Roku ??

Expert:  crash2199 replied 11 months ago.

Hi!

A new expert here -- Please reply here so that I know you are connected.