Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My onlyo cd445 player won't open to change discs, It is

Customer Question

My onlyo cd445 player won't open to change discs
JA: What's the make/model number of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It is about 3 years old , model CR445
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Not a thing, everything normal.
JA: Anything else you want the video expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that is all. Thx
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

Hello, Sorry you're having problems. Is there any chance the unit was shifted, or moved with discs inside of it causing it to jam?

Also, please unplug the changer (pull it's power cord from the wall) wait 10 seconds then plug it back in. turn it on and press and hold the Eject button for 10 seconds. Let me know if you can hear the eject motor trying to engage please.

Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

Please try those steps first, if the issue goes beyond that then the next steps are to remove the screws on the sides and rear of the player, and then remove the top cover (unplug it from power first). Visually inspect to see if any discs are lodged or jammed inside of the player. Any shifted discs will cause the Eject motor to not be able to engage.

Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

Beyond checking those things, this would indicate a hardware failure with the Eject motor which would require repairs. The average cost for this type of repair is in the $125 range unfortunately and if you'd like, you can use the link below to locate a shop in your area:

http://www.stereorepair.com

Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news here and wish there were a quick fix.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?