Recorders and Players

Recorder Player Problems? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Recorders and Players

My RCA Opal M4204 A, when I power it up it stays in the

Customer Question
initializing mode and won't open...
my RCA Opal M4204 A, when I power it up it stays in the initializing mode and won't open up, turn it off then on again and same results, while attached to computer I can access the files that are on the Opal
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: RCA Opal M4204 A, not sure of age
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: it's been like this for about a month, haven't done anything yet
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Recorders and Players
10/14/2016
Electronics Technician: electronicsguy, Engineer replied 1 year ago
electronicsguy
electronicsguy, Engineer

Hi

Welcome to just answer.

Have you tried to reset the system to factory default?

Please backup all your files and then try to reset the system by pressing and holding power button and menu together for 10-15 secondso.

Let me know the results.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the power and menu button is the same button
Ok press it and hold it down
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Have done that several times, Hold it down for 20 - 30 seconds, all it does is turn it off

Have you tried to update the firmware?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No I haven't tried that, but will
Where do I find the firm ware

Here is a link to site to download firmware

http://www.rcaaudiovideo.com/downloads/?m=N&sku=M4204

electronicsguy
electronicsguy
electronicsguy, Engineer