Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a DVD/VCR model ZV427FX4. I would like to display

Customer Question

I have a DVD/VCR model ZV427FX4. I would like to display captions when playing back a VCR tape - and incidentally, the tape was not recorded on the Funai, but rather on a different VCR.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Funai is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Just purchased is - that's the model number on the machine.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Have thoroughly read the manual - couldn't find anything. Is there a setting I
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is there perhaps a setting I'm missing?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

There are a lot of variables here, do you know which vcr it was recorded on, or at least how it was recorded (what the source was, what cords were connected to the old one, etc)?

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, simply reply back on this page.
Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.