Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Electronics technician for install, troubleshooting, and repairs.
59725966

Roku box has frozen. just a minute i am in I have to look

Customer Question

roku box has frozen.
JA: What's the make/model number of your device? How old is it?
Customer: just a minute i am in I have to look the number.where would that be? It is only 2 months old and I hate ve on used maybe 5times
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It didn't pop up it just froze it won't go forward or back I turn off thinking it might reset I also unplugged the connections nothing
JA: Anything else you want the video expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: not at this moment thanks for asking
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

There are several possible causes of this issue, including a temporary software/firmware glitch, or a hardware failure.

Initially, please unplug power to the roku box for at least 5 minutes, then replug.

If no change, look on the back of the roku for a small hole labeled reset, press and hold a paperclip or pin in there for about 15 seconds (with power connected). If it is still unresponsive at that point, it would leave only the possibility of a hardware fault. In that case it would need to be replaced, which should be covered under the roku warranty. In that case call(###) ###-####to file a warranty claim and they would send you a new roku.

My apologies for the potentially bad news.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service using the stars at the top of the page; hopefully I have earned 5 Stars. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Were you able to test the reset process?

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, simply reply back on this page.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.