Recorders and Players

Recorder Player Problems? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Recorders and Players

My tv says no disc but there is a disc in it, I got it from

Customer Question
My tv says no disc...
My tv says no disc but there is a disc in it
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: I got it from someone. I will check the back. One sec, thanks.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Maybe del sk -32h590d
JA: Anything else you want the video expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I got the message a week ago but I just ejected it a few times and reinserted and it worked. I only use it for movies.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Recorders and Players
9/11/2016
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 1 year ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

How many discs have you tried in the TV (?) (DVD discs I presume) ?

And how old is the TV / DVD player in question, at minimum, please?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Maybe 3 discs. It worked before. I don't know how old it is.

If it is old enough, or has sat in a dusty place for a while, the red heads in the DVD player may be contaminated with dust. (Or, if you put a dusty disc into it? dubiously.)

Would you say, from its general appearance, that this might be the case?

If so, there are CD/DVD drive cleaning kits, sold for as little as $5, that can be run through the disc drive, after which you may find that it reads discs once more. I suggest trying this, unless it is obviously not possible (e.g. if the TV is definitely quite clean and not over 2 years old too.)

Would you like a few links to sources of appropriate CD/DVD drive cleaning kits?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No, it was working fine and then it wasn't.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Russell?

I'm right here.

Do you think you'd like to try a CD/DVD drive cleaning kit, in case the read heads in the DVD drive are contaminated with dust? which could result in a 'no disc' error.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I guess I will buy my own. Thanks. What do I need to do to discontinue beinf charged from you guys?

I have no power over charges, billing, no access to your credit information. For all such concerns I must refer you to Customer Support at JustAnswer.com. They may be reached at

*****@******.***

or by the means including phone number, listed on this page:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

Would you care to leave a rating for my work and my answers, if this concludes the case?

Thank you for asking your question here at JustAnswer.com.

Louie, Technician