Recorders and Players

Recorder Player Problems? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Recorders and Players

I have a new Zoom H6 recorder. I need to sort out what

Customer Question
format to record in so...
I have a new Zoom H6 recorder. I need to sort out what format to record in so that I can easily synchronize with the video from a Panasonic HDC-TM700 camcorder. The camcorder will be recording in the "HA 1920x1080" mode.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Recorders and Players
9/9/2016
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 1 year ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

In what manner do you need to 'synchronize' the audio recorded from Zoom H6 ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

I want to use the included Cubase LE software to merge the audio and video.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

I was having trouble with the website - could you confirm that my reply has made it through?

Yes, I got your response, thanks.

Any audio format that would be compatible with Cubase LE software would do.

Try WAV format. MP3 format has had problems reported with it, when importing into Cubase LE.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

Is there a particular bit rate I should choose? I thought that I understood the bit rate needed to be the same in the video and audio recording in order for the timing to be synchronized from beginning to end.

Well, what's the bit rate in your video?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

That is, I suppose, the root of the question. I reviewed the manual and only found the spec I gave you. I thought someone experienced in video technology would be familiar with video/audio editing. Have you used these kind of tools? Would a different expert be able to answer more easily?

I know video editing.

However, I think that you should determine first, what bit rate is in the video your camera takes.

And, what file format you will be taking the video in, if there are more than one of them that the camera is capable of.

I can look up that data for you if you don't know it.

I see the vid format that you'll be recording in.

I haven't found the bit-rate yet though...

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

If you have someone familiar with the process, they may know that the bit rate is less important than some other factor...

I will Opt Out, since it has been implied that I do not know enough - and perhaps I do not.

This opens the case to other Experts in this category.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

Thank you for your effort.

Russell H., Service Tech