Recorders and Players

Recorder Player Problems? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Recorders and Players

My Panasonic Blu-ray flashes a f61 error and immediately

Customer Question
turn off. It is...
My Panasonic Blu-ray flashes a f61 error and immediately turn off. It is not the fan.
JA: What's the make/model number of your device? How old is it?
Customer: got to go now. I'll be back in about 30 minutes
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: I'm back. Breakfast was calling.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I have a Panasonic sc-bt228
JA: Anything else you want the video expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: It is not the fan
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Recorders and Players
9/3/2016
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 1 year ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

That is probably a fatal error of some sort by the sound of it, I am sorry to say to start with... but I am looking up the error and may have further advice, which I will post in a minute or two.

Have you tried unplugging it and cleaning the fan of all dust, then trying it again?

Not just the internal fan, but also the cooling fan in back, I presume.

Check all fuses also.

How old is your Panasonic player device, please?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
not sure of the age, maybe 5 yrs. I will double check the fan. I am not sure where the fuses are.

OK. That is the sensible way to proceed.

The error can either be owing to insufficient cooling owing to

A. fan failure to spin, or not spinning fast enough

B. dust in system or on heat-sink (vaned metal element) that impedes cooling

or

C. power amplifier slightly or not-so-slightly defective in a way that makes it heat up.

Let me know how it goes, please. Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Fan in the back works. The one fuse I could find, is good.
Also, I think it turns off too fast to be over heating.
Another important fact is that this problem first occurred after it has been moved.

Check all connections, if it was moved and that seems to have caused the problem. Something may have come loose or been joggled loose.

Also if dust in it was stirred up, that might be impeding proper operation... a thorough cleaning of the interior might help.

Keep me posted. Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There is a slight dent where the power cord goes into the unit.

OK. Check on that, all details, interior as well as exterior, I advise.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There is no dust in the unit. Nothing is lose. It still does not work.

Then most likely (if the dented-in power-cord-jack region is not enough to have damaged its operation) the device will need repair, I am sorry to say - the power amplifier might have to be replaced, but perhaps some other fault would have to be addressed by a competent electronics technician, if it was indeed handled roughly.

Electronics Technician: electronicsguy, Engineer replied 1 year ago
electronicsguy
electronicsguy, Engineer

Another expert here. I do agree with the other expert about checking the system.

From what I can see, There are a number of connections behind the main unit. If possible, I would like you to try the following:-

1. Power off the system, disconnect every cable behind the main unit except the power cord.

2. Power on the main unit and let me know if it powers ok. If yes, then try to start connecting one cable at a time while observing the screen. Make sure you power off between connection to ensure you will not be damaging anything else during this process.

What my experience, there might be a short or a fault component internally or externally. This process of elimination will get us closer to where the problem is. If it is internally, definitely, I will suggest taking the system to a local repair shop for further evaluation and repairs.

electronicsguy
electronicsguy
electronicsguy, Engineer