Recorders and Players

Recorder Player Problems? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Recorders and Players

How do you reset the password? We bought the house, they

Customer Question
left the Dave and cameras...
How do you reset the password? We bought the house, they left the Dave and cameras but password ***** left won't work.
JA: What's the exact make and model of the camera? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: 2011-Samsung sde3003n
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just kept trying the password ***** left us.
JA: The video expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: We ordered a camera to replace one that didn't work and a new remote because he left the wrong remote.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Recorders and Players
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I didn't ask this question to be given a run around and directed to a site saying it would cost money. If someone was able to reset the password ***** then said you will owe that is acceptable but not to pay at first when no answer given!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
7/29/2016
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 1 year ago
Richard, Customer Service

Hi there and welcome

Sorry about the delay you have experienced

Have you tried the default of admin and 4321?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it didn't work

ok, pressi both [MODE] and [PTZ] button for 5 seconds

Then enter the 4321

Does it then unlock?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My husband talked to Samsung tech support and they were rude. Can the DVR box be reset back to factory defaults? We bought the house in April and they left the camera security system and all instructions with a password. But it doesn't work.

yes, but there are a few procedures so we need to see which one applies to your firmware.

Please do the last instructions I gave

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We tried but it didn't work. There are 8 dim switches on back.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can the DVR bock be reset?

Thats what we are attempting to see, depending on firmware

press both [MODE] and [CH2] button for 5 seconds

Then enter the 4321

Can you do this, if not what happens?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We bought a new remote-the homeowner left the wrong remote.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Where is ch2 button?

ok it wont be possible unless you have the correct remote sorry, that you cannot avoid

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Why does the new remote not work?

because the instructions have to be done on the original remote, its the way they made it

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
If someone broke the original remote are you saying a replacement remote could not be obtained?

I have not seen original ones available for sale, due to the machine not being in heavy use, you would need to see if Samsung would send one out to you

Richard, Customer Service