Recorders and Players

Recorder Player Problems? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Recorders and Players

Why is it that every dvd or blueray player or recorder I

Customer Question
have ever had eventually says...
Why is it that every dvd or blueray player or recorder I have ever had eventually says can't read disc to never work again. I use disc cleaner, and the cleaner disc to clean the lazer, nothing helps, and the machine goes into the can't read stack. Any suggestions?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Recorders and Players
7/20/2016
Electronics Technician: green-owl, Engineer replied 1 year ago
green-owl
green-owl, Engineer

Hi. Any make in particular? About how long they last in owned time and what is your average weekly usage in hour? Can you also try to be very precise in telling me how you handle the discs gesture by gesture from picking it to play up to putting it back on the shelf.

Also, is it doing this only with disc you recorded while original matrixed disc play fine?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
bought and paid for dvd's don't work
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Samsung is the worst (4X) , sanyo recorder/player ,and several other. they all perform well in the beginning, the usage is very low,maybe 4-5 dvds played month. most of the dvd's I watch are from Netflix so that pretty much tells you how they are handled. but I know 2 different Samsung were only playing Disney for my grandsons, when they suddenly couldn't read the disc.

You did not mentioned me the time you owned them. After around 2 years, capacitors can go bad (this problem never was fixed in anything because they use it as a common planned obsolecence trick).

You need to clean only with isopropyl alcohol, nothing else as it leave residues. You can try to clean the head sliding bar and also the spindle (the part that hold the disc while it turn).

If those where re-writable disc, those are all unreliable (DVD-RAM ones where good but unpopular so not all unit are compatible with them)

There is also a bunch of compatibility problem that often require firmware update (when companies even bother to produce one).

green-owl
green-owl
green-owl, Engineer