Recorders and Players

Recorder Player Problems? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Recorders and Players

CD wont open in emerson MS9700, dont know, pressing all the

Customer Question
CD wont open in emerson...
CD wont open in emerson MS9700
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: dont know
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: pressing all the buttons
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Recorders and Players
7/14/2016
Electronics Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 1 year ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- Does player show open in front display when press Eject/ Open button on player?

- Do you hear any gear/ motor rotation sound from unit when press open button?

Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Player shows open on the front display. There is gear motion when I pull very hard on the CD drawer
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
are you there?

Yes and typing an answer for you.

This is multi disc player and it seems few loading gears have either worn out or broken in disc loading mechanism that is why it doesn't open when press button, I'm afraid it is not any wrong setting or reset issue and needs service by local TV repairman to take it apart and replace defective gears and loading belts to resolve the issue.

You may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective mechanical parts replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this player repair or invest that money on new replacement shelf sound system. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.
Regards,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
cancel the telephone call

I didn't pick the phone call offer. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.

Thanks.

Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician