Recorders and Players

Recorder Player Problems? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Recorders and Players

I have a Jensen audio system in the front of the rv that I

Customer Question
put the DVD in to...
I have a Jensen audio system in the front of the rv that I put the DVD in to play on the big tv in the living area. When I put the DVD in, I can hear it playing but the tv says please run auto channel search and it is just a blue sc reen
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Recorders and Players
7/10/2016
Electronics Technician: michaelreush,
 replied 1 year ago
michaelreush

The tv needs to find the channel the dvd is playing on, go to program on the remote and find auto search, and with the dvd running, run the search

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There is no program button on the remote?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I hit menu and found channels then auto channel search. It says cgoose your TV source?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is scanning for channels....
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Just an fyo...I've done this searching for channels before and it still didn't fix it. But it is running now so maybe since I have someone knowledgeable helping me it might work!
Electronics Technician: michaelreush,
 replied 1 year ago

try this, press source to select tv mode, press menu,, then select channel, then select air, then select auto scan, press enter

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It says scan complete! 4 digital channels 0 analog channels. That is still on the screen.
Electronics Technician: michaelreush,
 replied 1 year ago

the next question to ask is how is the dvd player hooked into the tv? if its on cable, or ant, it will use the auto scan, if its hook up to 'player' you need to scroll thru the tv source, and put it on the mode the dvd is plugged into at the back of the tv. Problem most times is the tv rear cannot be accessed, however look behind the tv cabinet to see if there is an access to see where it is plugged into

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I exited out of the screen and the tv is has pick up a local station. I can read the town on the bottom of the screen. The sound is coming right out of the tv, not thru the speakers in the rv.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When I click input to try to change the input, the only one highlighted to click is tv, not hdmi1, hdmi2, hdmi3....
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The tv came in the rv when i bought it so it is all hard wired. I can't see anything. There is a plug and some wires in the cabinet under the tv...but I can't see behind the tv.
Electronics Technician: michaelreush,
 replied 1 year ago

Hmmmm, unfortunately this is not my main forte, the audio visual portion, lets do this I am going to opt of of the question so another technician with more expertise in this area can help you, thank you for your patience..........Michael

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you!
Electronics Technician: Louie, Technician replied 1 year ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model numbers of Jensen and the TV.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I do still need assistance with this problem. Thank you!

As posted above; please "...post back with the complete model numbers of Jensen and the TV..."

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My apologies. We ended up leaving sooner than expected and are already on the road. Thank you though for trying. I will try to get back with you once we get back home.

Appreciate the post back Elisha and would look forward to an update when able.

Louie, Technician