Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Roku logo comes up on screen but I can not get any functions

Customer Question

roku logo comes up on screen but I can not get any functions to work with remote. I have put brand new batteries in remote still nothing can u help me please?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Sorry you're having problems. I need to ask for some more information to help you.

1) Which model Roku do you have (1,2,3 or the Stick)?

2) Was it working fine before and then stopped?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
stick, yes it woked then it didnt
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay, the remote needs to be "re-paired" with the Roku stick. Shut the TV off and remove the stick from the TV and also unplug it's USB power cord from the unit for 10 seconds. Plug everything back in and turn the TV on. The green light on the remote should then blink indicating that it's pairing. Let me know if the remote works now.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no nothing
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Press remove the remote batteries again and reinsert them. Then press and hold the "reset" button on the side of the Roku stick (use a paperclip) for 7 seconds and release. Let me know if anything happens. If nothing- then this indicates a defective unit. How long have you owned it for in this case please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
year and a half
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

So you're saying even after resetting it that you still only have the Roku letters on the screen?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did reset button on stick, tv telling me to remove batteries wait 3 seconds and install, should see green light but I get no green light this is second time I have bought new batterries
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay, the reason it's not working even with new batteries- and there's no green light is that the remote has failed. You will need to replace the remote to fix the issue, and it can be purchased at the link below:

https://www.roku.com/accessories

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

The steps you followed above are all of the proper steps to "pair" the Roku remote, if it's still not working then you need to replace the remote unfortunately. There's not anything more you can try.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do I determine wich remote to get
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

If you click on the link, I believe the remotes are each labeled? About the 3rd one down I believe says "Roku Stick Remote"- can you find that?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yeah but it says works on 3500 r and 3500wr something like that then say says does not work on roku ready version
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Yes it is the 3rd one down. Specifically the: "Roku® Streaming Stick® Standard Remote" for $14.99.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

The Roku Ready Version is the one that comes standard with certain model TV's. You bought the Roku separately correct?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need more help with this?