Recorders and Players

Recorder Player Problems? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Recorders and Players

My roku is saying software update failed ??

Customer Question
my roku is saying software update failed ??
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Recorders and Players
6/27/2016
Electronics Technician: electronicsguy, Engineer replied 1 year ago
electronicsguy
electronicsguy, Engineer

Hi Welcome to Just answer.

I will be taking care of you today.

What is the model of the Roku in question? How is the Roku connected to the internet?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Roku2 wireless connection

There are few things you can try.

1. Disconnect power off the Roku, leave it for 10 Minutes and the connect it back

2. If you are using wireless router, disconnect power also and let the router sit for 10 Minutes.

3. After the wait, connect the wireless router first and then Roku.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have done that

ok thanks for the update. Can you watch anything from it?

Please reset the Roku to factory setting as below:-

1. Remove all cables except the Power cord.
  2. Using a paper clip, press and hold the Reset button on the back of the device for about 15 seconds.
  3. Continue to hold the Reset button, then remove the Power cord from the back of the unit.
  4. Release the Reset button, then plug all of the cords back into the device.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No

Once the factory reset is completed, then try to update the software

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How do I do that ,?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Software update failed

Ok,

How long have you owned this? How far is the roku from the wifi?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have had unit 6 months
It is a room away from
Wireless router . Also when I go through set up it says my wireless strength is excellent
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have been using wireless for all my devices today and it's working fine
electronicsguy
electronicsguy
electronicsguy, Engineer