Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a sdr3300n Samsung model without the remote and no

Customer Question

I have a sdr3300n Samsung model without the remote and no password. Can you help. I can attach the mouse but no remote
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

If you still have the admin password, then you need a replacement remote, I would surmise.

If you do not still have the admin password, then you need to either reset the DVR to defaults (and thus reset the password) if that is possible with this model (probably not, but it might be possible...)... or, you need to get the manufacturer to reset the admin password ***** the DVR for you.

Which of these two cases is the one you are asking me about? I will advise you for either case.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not still have the admin password, and need to either reset the DVR to defaults (and thus reset the password) if that is possible. Or need to get the manufacturer to reset the admin password ***** the DVR for me. But there is no remote and not sure where I would secure a replacement.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

To get the password ***** a DVR reset, you have to go to the manufacturer (Samsung, in this case), and have the DVR hooked up to the internet, and also have proof of ownership to submit to the manufacturer (which is necessary, since otherwise non-owners might obtain a password ***** and illicit access to the DVR subsequently.)

As for the remote, aside from the obvious means of buying a whole new system and a remote with it... which is not worth my mentioning it... you could contact remotes.com, at(###) ###-#### ***** check as to whether they have a replacement for the remote of your particular model. And you could contact Samsung about that also... they're the ones who most logically would be able to sell you a replacement remote. And samsungparts.com might have it, also.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there maybe a universal remote that can be used. I am without the remote due to a theft. The system was disconnected and wires removed and no remote once I entered the building. The crime is on the DVR before the disconnection. I need access to punish those involved.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

I see. Contact the co.s I recommended:

remotes.com(###) ###-####/p>

Samsung

www.samsungparts.com

one of them might have an universal remote for the Samsung DVR you have.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the contact number. I am now in possession of a replacement remote. Can you instruct me on how to change the password ***** this method?
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

With which method, please?

Do you have the currently established password?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, the current password ***** not work. Originally I didn't have a working password. Nor a remote to try and change the password. I am looking to reset the password ***** the remote or hard reset. Whichever is feasible.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Samsung DVR model SDR3300N
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

With the remote, try pressing the DVR button, then fairly quickly:

Freeze

Alarm

Freeze

Alarm

Return

Then if asked to apply factory settings, or similar message, indicate 'yes'.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried the freeze -alarm combo, no message to prompt me any further.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Then I don't know what to advise you, unless it is, to seek the manufacturer (Samsung) for a remote reset. That is bound to work, and I found no data for your model other than what you have just tried (I'm glad to hear the remote works, though.)