Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a sony dvd/cd player model dvp-sr200p. The drawer in

Customer Question

I have a sony dvd/cd player model dvp-sr200p. The drawer in which to insert the disc will not open. The power is on and I can hear the little motor trying to open but with no result. Is there a quick fix or should i be shopping for a new one?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- How old is the player and how long it have had the problem?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I wish fervently to terminate this inquiry. I do not want a monthly service . I do not want to pay $24.00 or any other charge monthly. I have one simple problem and I was misled into thinking it could be solved with one $24 charge. Please refund the charge to my mastercard
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

You haven't signed up so far for any monthly subscription plan so it would be one-time charges for this question.

Could you provide me requested info to proceed further?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the dvd player is just a couple of years old. It was a gift and I use it infrequently . The last time I used it it was fine but it was no doubt at least 6 months or so ago.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, there is no tiny hole on this DVD player front to insert paperclip like we have on DVD ROM in PC.

It could be broken or worn out loading belt issue causing no ejection of disc tray. If the belt is broken then player will need to be open up to replace it. However, if belt is loose/ worn out then you can open the tray through following procedure.

Turn up side down the player, while taping the player on top, press eject button to see if tray opens.

If it still doesn't, unplug DVD player power cord and find a plastic cover on bottom of player, remove it and insert flat screw drive to rotate the loading gear manually, this will eject the tray a little bit and you can now pull it easily, please note that it is not a fix but an emergency/ forcefully eject of disc tray to take the stuck disc, if any is there.

Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Do you need any further assistance with this question?