Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  I have been working on VCR/DVD and CCTV systems and all the other consumer electronics for 20+ years.
11519491

I have the Sony DVD Player/video cassette recorder. Serial

Customer Question

I have the Sony DVD Player/video cassette recorder. Serial #SLV-D300P. I have an ID#E34798542.
My problem is, I am no longer able to play my DVD disks. I get as far as setup an there isn't any prompt on the screen for me to follow.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

This can be one of two things with this model.

Either the Laser eye needs to be replaced as it has gotten weak, or it simply needs cleaning.

The first thing to try and this si the most common issue, is to buy a WET Type disk laser cleaner. Thee are available at Best Buy and Walmart as well;-)

Run that a few times, like 5 times then try your disks, they shoudl read and work fine. But if you do have any trouble please re connect with me for further instructions.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service thus far.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you

Sincerely

Tech Michael