Recorders and Players

Recorder Player Problems? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Recorders and Players

Tape went in and all power went out on the camera. It won't even charge now! Canon ZR200...

Customer Question
tape went in and all...
tape went in and all power went out on the camera. It won't even charge now! Canon ZR200
JA: You've come to the right place. The tech wizards know cameras inside and out, and I'd love to connect you with the best shutterbug to help with this. Have you tried to troubleshoot?
Customer: since it has no power all I can do is open the door then nothing don't know if I put it backwards or touched the part it said not to accidently
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Video Technician should know?
Customer: not really
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Video Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Recorders and Players
6/8/2016
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 1 year ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The battery may have failed *and* shorted out also. That's rare, but it can happen. I suggest considering replacing the battery.

At least, remove the battery, then try plugging the camera in to the camera, and see if the camera will run that way, even if you don't have a replacement battery yet.

If you need help locating a replacement battery, let me know and I will research sources.

Russell H., Service Tech