Recorders and Players

Recorder Player Problems? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Recorders and Players

Dvd has region error JA: Sometimes things that you think

Customer Question
Dvd has region error JA: Sometimes...
Dvd has region error
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Video Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The DVDs needs a region code change to watch it
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Video Technician should know?
Customer: Is there a way to change the code on my vcr/dvd
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Video Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Recorders and Players
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/21/2016
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 1 year ago
Nathan, Technician
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Honestly, there isn't anything you can do in this case. The problem here is that the player is designed for and locked to a specific region while you're attempting to play a disc from another region. These region codes were set up by the movie studios to help prevent piracy, and there is no easy way around them. While you may see some “hacks” online, they are not applicable to all models, as most do not have the ability to be overridden by a software adjustment. Finding a region free dvd recorder or combo vcr unit is virtually impossible.This region coding protocol is physically built into the hardware (chips on the control board) of the player, and changing it would require physical modifications to the player (swapping out chips) that would void the warranty and often permanently damage the player.Your best options are to re-purchase the discs you want to play in your country with the proper region code, or buy a purpose made region-free player that does not have this hardware restriction.I'm sorry there isn't a more optimistic answer here, it's simply a design limitation of the player. Best regards, ***** ***** for the answer,Nathan --Please note:I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. I apologize this is not the outcome you had hoped for, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately. Rating 1 or 2, or not rating at all, does not produce a refund, it only penalizes me for trying to help.
Do you need more help with this?
Nathan, Technician