Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Got a 8800 series component set powers on no sound no light

Customer Question

Got a 8800 series component set powers on no sound no light on cd,phonograph or amp. Sharp SC8800 CD (GY)
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  electronicsguy replied 1 year ago.
Hi welcome to just answer I will be assisting you today. This be a troubleshooting problem. Have you checked power cords to ensure they are correctly?When was the last time the system worked?
The system looked similar to one I worked on before. The problem was a defective power transformer. I don't know if that will be the case here. Do you have electrical measuring instruments? We might use ohm meter to measure transformer continuity.
Would you like to have a phone discussion? I can schedule a phone call later today to further assist you