Recorders and Players

Recorder Player Problems? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Recorders and Players

I have a sony bluray player. i also have netflix. i cannot

Customer Question
get the blue ray to...
i have a sony bluray player. i also have netflix. i cannot get the blue ray to stream the netflix. when i go to settings from bluray it says wifi is 100 percent and strong signal. what am i doing wrong?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Recorders and Players
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/12/2016
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 1 year ago
Aric, Technician
Hello, What's the Model Number of the Sony Blu Ray player please? Also, did you register this device on your Netflix account so it would be recognized?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
bdps670 and im not sure about the registering part. we have alays reieved netflix through our cable box until tuesday. i switched to directv.
Okay, Netflix is not able to be received through a Cable box, so that part is somewhat confusing. What I'm asking here is this: Is this the first time trying to setup the Sony Blu Ray player with Netflix- Yes or No please?
If you have not performed the steps of PHYSICALLY REGISTERING the Sony to your Netflix account, then you will not be able to receive Netflix on the Sony Blu ray player. Click the Netflix link below and follow all of the instructions posted there to be able to start streaming Netflix on your Sony Blu Ray player: https://help.netflix.com/en/node/23878
Actually that page is a general info page. Pleas click here instead: https://help.netflix.com/en/node/23878
Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you on this as needed. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i just spoke with netflix. i am registered. they said that i need a sotware update on the blueray player. is that something you can do?
I can't update the player from here, No. But I can check and see if there is an update and send you a link. Will be right back.
Also can you briefly check the model number of the Sony and make sure it is not: BDPS-S570 (instead of 670)?
Or possibly its BDPS-S6700? Let me know please so we can continue.
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 1 year ago
Nathan, Technician
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Should you still need help with this, could you please recheck the model number of the player for me and confirm back here at your convenience? I can then help you through the update process. If you no longer need help, you can cancel/refund from the help page. Nathan
Do you need more help with this?If so, simply reply back on this page.Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.Nathan
Nathan, Technician