Recorders and Players

Recorder Player Problems? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Recorders and Players

I have a 1953 Seeburg C juke box that is not working. Will

Customer Question
not move back and forth...
I have a 1953 Seeburg C juke box that is not working. Will not move back and forth to pick out selected record to insert to play. It worked fine until I moved it to Texas and then back to Pittsburgh. The cord that is on the bottom from the head that makes it slide back and forth looks a bit frayed and I was told this could be the problem.
I want to get this fixed. What can I do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Recorders and Players
5/5/2016
Electronics Technician: Pete, Engineer replied 1 year ago
Pete, Engineer
Hi Jim,
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi
Are you looking for another technician to come out and replace the cable for you?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't know if that is the problem. I can replace the cable but I don't know if that will solve the problem
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What is the common solution for this problem?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Might be a relay in the head. All the tubes are ok
Normally it is a mechanical problem - either some part of the selection mechanism has got moved and needs to be adjusted, or it needs some fresh grease to help keep it moving smoothly. It's also possible that a sensor has gotten misaligned during the move.If a relay is suspect then a replacement one can be swapped in.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is there a checklist that I can go through as a means of elimating problems to reduce it to one or two things
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you still there?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am still waiting for guidance or help. So far there is nothing of any help to solve the problem. I am waiting for some information or guidelines that I can try to fix the problem.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
So, if I provide a poor rating, you have to understand that I have received no help. Should I submit this rating? Are you done?
Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK, I am waiting. Thanks
Are you familiar with electronic testing and reading schematics?If you can find the part number of the selector on your particular model, you can get the schematics from the following website to help troubleshoot the cause of the problem:http://jukeboxrepairservice.com/manuals.html
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have the manuals from Seeburg. I can read schematics, but what I was looking for was a common thread for this problem that I could go to directly as a good start. One from a guy that was here indicated it "might" be the cable. Then he referred to a capacitor (I think)that might need to be replaced. He was not really sure. He wanted to take the jukebox back to his shop. That is just too much. These are very heavy plus freight plus all his work. He told me that it could be $1000 and that is even more crazy. Especially if I can get a good idea of where to look for the problem, I am happy to try a few different things. Again, I was hoping you might know something from these machines that was a common problem that I could go to. Doesn't seem to be the case.
Ok, let me check if another technician can assist you further with this...
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok
Pete, Engineer