Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Just installed new DVP-SR510H. Plays DVD ok, but the dvd drawer

Customer Question

Just installed new DVP-SR510H. Plays DVD ok, but the dvd drawer will not stay open. It opens and shut very fast. i was able to throw a dvd in while it was opening before it closed. Now I can't get the dvd out, because the drawer will not stay open. What the answer?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello, This unfortunately points to a hardware fault in the player and it's something I've seen commonly when these fail. Please try to disconnect the player from power- then press and hold the power button on the unit itself (not the remote) for 10 seconds and release. Wait a minute then plug it back in and let me know if the disc tray will eject once Eject is pressed.