Recorders and Players

Recorder Player Problems? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Recorders and Players

I can't get any 3D Blu-ray player to work. I've tried 4.

Customer Question
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Recorders and Players
3/23/2016
Electronics Technician: Steve G., Engineer replied 1 year ago
Steve G., Engineer

Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

I need to gather some more information from you in order to help.

What exactly happens when you connect a BD player to your TV? How are you connecting each one? What exactly isn't working??

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The TV, LC-80UQ17U, doesn't respond at all.
I've purchased 3 different 3D Blu-ray players of different makes but none will get the TV to respond. I've tried different inputs, and different hdmi cables.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My TiVo is connected to HDMI Port 1 and works.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My non-3D Blu-ray player works.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Side note: It fails when I try to update the firmware. Via ethernet.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
If you are not going to respond, then forget it.

I'm sorry, I am not able to respond right this minute. I am going to opt out of this question which will allow other experts to chime in and help.

Hold on.

Electronics Technician: electronicsguy, Engineer replied 1 year ago
electronicsguy
electronicsguy, Engineer

Hi, I will try you assist you here. This is kind of odd that the system would not work with blue ray player. I would suggest you purchase a cable that converts HMDI to components and try it. I had an older tube TV and this cable saved me for some time before I purchased a flat screen tv.

Her is a link to one of them

http://www.mycablemart.com/store/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=5670&gclid=CN_huOK53ssCFZVahgodndwO_g

electronicsguy
electronicsguy
electronicsguy, Engineer