Recorders and Players

Recorder Player Problems? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Recorders and Players

How do i activate my ROKU When the word ROKU is bounceing

Customer Question
around on the screan...
how do i activate my ROKU When the word ROKU is bounceing around on the screan
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Recorders and Players
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/16/2016
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 1 year ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, If the word Roku is bouncing on the screen and you have no control using the remote, this means the remote is not "paired" to the Roku.

Unplug the Roku from power for 10 seconds, then plug it back in. Within the first 3 seconds a green light on the remote should blink indicating that it's pairing.

Once that happens you should be able to navigate through the settings on the Roku.

If you're not able to, then please tell me how long you've owned the Roku for and the specific model you have please.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Please view my reply and let me know if you need further assistance.

Are you still having the same problem?

No thank you, ***** ***** take a phone call right now. If you'd like to continue, please reply back on this page.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
NOW ON THE SCREAN IT SAYS LETS GET STARTED

Okay so now what happens when you press OK/Enter on the remote? Also which Roku model are you using?

Go ahead and follow the prompts on the screen now as it's telling you to do and you should be good to go. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. You can follow up at any time if needed.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
SKU#3500 SERIAL #LD59K033358 this is the model &serial#

Okay and what exactly is happening?

I'm not there to see what you're seeing, are you able to get through the setup, or are you stuck? If you're still stuck, where exactly are you stuck (what do you see on your TV screen)?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
now it says lets get started on the screan
Electronics Technician: Viet - Technician, Technician replied 1 year ago
Viet - Technician
Viet - Technician, Technician

I'm sorry about the issue. At the "Let's get started" screen, does it let you continue / go next?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Is this a new roku? Or was it working fine previously?

- If the Roku remote control does not work, can you try:

Step 1: Try pressing the pairing button:

• Open the battery compartment by removing the battery cover
  • Quickly press and release the pairing button
      • If the pairing light does not come on, you may need to change the batteries in your remote.
  • Test the remote and see if it works

Step 2: Try power-cycling the Roku player then remote:

• Remove the power from the Roku player and return the power after 20 seconds
  • When the Roku player is fully booted remove the batteries from the remote
  • Reinsert the batteries after a few seconds then check for functionality

Step 3: Try pairing the remote again:

• Press and hold the pairing button for 3 seconds or until you see the pairing LED begin to flash
  • The remote pairing dialog should appear on your TV screen

Step 4: Try clearing and re-pairing the remote:

• Unplug the power supply from your Roku player.
  • Press and hold the A and B button on the Roku remote (or the Home and Down buttons, if your remote does not have A & B buttons) and then press the pairing button on the remote while still holding down the A and B buttons.
    • The remote pairing LED should flash. When it does, release the buttons.
    • You should see 3 more LED flashes. This will clear the remote.
  • Reconnect the power supply to the Roku player.
  • Put the remote into pairing mode by pressing and holding the pairing button until the pairing LED flashes. (about 3 seconds)
  • Once the Roku player is fully rebooted, you will see the pairing message on screen after a few moments and your Roku player will pair with the remote.

Step 5: If all the above steps still does not fix the issue, a Factory Reset may be required:

• Find the reset button on the back or bottom your Roku device, or the top of the Roku Streaming Stick, and hold it for 20 seconds

- If needed, try with new batteries for the roku remote control and pair again as needed.

Reference.

When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.

Electronics Technician: ,  replied 1 year ago
Phone call session started
Viet - Technician
Viet - Technician
Viet - Technician, Technician