Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Technics SL-B350 turntable.... my tone are is

Customer Question
I have a Technics...

I have a Technics SL-B350 turntable.... my tone are is skipping on the record how do I adjust it?

Technician's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Home Theater Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

Thanks!

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Recorders and Players
email is good
What is happening is the tone arm will start skipping on my record.... never dont that before...so how can I keep it from skipping on the records?
3/11/2016
Electronics Technician: electronicsguy, Engineer replied 2 years ago
electronicsguy
electronicsguy, Engineer

Hi Welcome to just answer,

I would like to get more information about the problem. When was the last time the system worked? How long have you owned this.

Have you ever bump the arm?

Have you ever changed the stylus?

Once to time original owner. I just started using a after a year the stylus is about two years old fairly new never bumped the arm

Hi, I would suggest adjusting the arm counter weight. This is tricky but small adjustments can clear the problem. This is located on the opposite end of the stylus and is round and sometimes it is locked.