Recorders and Players

Recorder Player Problems? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Recorders and Players

My Panasonic DVD/VCR recorder/player has a DVD in it, but it

Customer Question
no longer has any power...
My Panasonic DVD/VCR recorder/player has a DVD in it, but it no longer has any power, and I cannot open the door to retrieve it. I unplugged and replugged it into a different outlet with no good result. How do I get the door open or repair the machine?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Recorders and Players
3/7/2016
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 1 year ago
Nathan, Technician

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Unfortunately, Marshall, this points to a faulty control board or power supply in the player.

There are a few things you can try:

First unplug power for at least an hour, then press and hold the power/on button while plugging back in, and keep holding for another 60 seconds. If it still doesn't open, repeat the process but with the eject button instead of power.

If it still does not open, pick the unit up and shake/tilt the player side to side gently, hopefully dislodging the stuck disc inside that could be preventing it from opening, then try to open again.

If none of these help, then there is an internal hardware defect, which will need to be repaired.

If it gets to that point, I can advise you on service options.

Let me know the results, and I'll advise further, if needed.

--

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately. Rating 1 or 2, or not rating at all, does not produce a refund, it only penalizes me for trying to help.

Do you still need help with this, Marshall?

Nathan, Technician