Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a samsung blue ray player BD-C6500T. it stopped

Customer Question
worked. Normally, as soon as...
I have a samsung blue ray player BD-C6500T. it stopped worked. Normally, as soon as you plug it in, you would get the Power LED lit. Now, I see nothing.Is there any sort of repair manual available for this?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Recorders and Players
3/5/2016
Electronics Technician: electronicsguy, Engineer replied 2 years ago
electronicsguy
electronicsguy, Engineer

Hi welcome to just answer.

Have you tried a different power outlet?

I haven't because I have a bunch of other devices which I tried on the same outlet, and they all work fine.

Ok, do you know if power gets on the system?

Are you comfortable taking the system apart for inspection.

There are two problems:-

1. Fuse gone bad and can be replacedone

2. Transformer is bad

I can take it apart and take a look.
I thought that if there were any sort of repair manuals or anything, it might help. but, I can open it up and see.

https://www.manualowl.com/p/Samsung/BD-C6500/Manual/80316

The only manual available is users only. No service manual.

If you have electronic measuring instruments you can measure ac voltage at the power cord.

i have tools, etc. I will have a look. Thank you.

Ok let me know the results

I checked the power board. I see a fuse, but it's ok. I checked the output voltage from the cable on the power board to the main board. It seems to match the labels: 3.3V, 12V, 48V, etc.... There is also a +V, and -V label, and those seem to read 2.8 V or something like that.I checked the cable from the main board to the front board, I can see 3.3V volts where the cable connects and elsewhere on the board. however, I don't find any voltage on some of the outputs to other boards (e.g., the touch sensor board). I'm suspicious about this board. I tried to find this board/part online, but couldn't.The board just says 'BD-C6500 Front Board'. If this board weren't too expensive, i would consider just replacing it.

Thanks for the update. I am not sure about the availability of the board. How old is the system? Is it out of warranty

I couldn't find the board online.it's 2010.

Ok

I think you should look into get a used unit from eBay and use some of parts. I saw few that are under 40. This might be your best option.