Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Is there an upgrade cd 1300ku bluray player? I want to add…

Customer Question
hello is there an upgrade...
hello is there an upgrade cd for bdx 1300ku bluray player? I want to add region b and c
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Recorders and Players
3/4/2016
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Nathan, Technician

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Richie.

Honestly, there isn't anything you can do in this case. Your player is hardware locked and cannot be changed.

These region codes were set up by the movie studios to help prevent piracy, and there is no easy way around them. While there are other models that can be adjusted via firmware (the 3200, for example) even that is limited to standard dvd regions, it would not unlock bluray. Your model has no adjustment available or possible.

This region coding protocol is physically built into the hardware (chips on the control board) of the player, and changing it would require physical modifications to the player (swapping out chips) that would void the warranty and often permanently damage the player.

Your best options are to re-purchase the discs you want to play in your country with the proper region code, or buy a purpose made region-free player that does not have this hardware restriction.

I'm sorry there isn't a more optimistic answer here, it's simply a design limitation of the player. If you'd like help finding a suitable replacement, let me know.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

--

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately. Rating 1 or 2, or not rating at all, does not produce a refund, it only penalizes me for trying to help.