Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I just turned on Roku and received a text invalid device…

Customer Question
I just turned on Roku...
I just turned on Roku and received a text invalid device credentials.....what does this mean?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Recorders and Players
3/1/2016
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Nathan, Technician

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Rich.

This means that the roku isn't connecting to your router/network.

Initially, unplug power to the roku for 60 seconds, and do the same for your router, then try it again and let me know what happens.

Now I have a message that I must be authorized andthat there is a problem with authization and I should go to netflix.com/tv help. What does this mean? What has happened?

OKay that is a different issue, and may have been related to the prior one. This points to a netflix specific account issue.

Your netflix account may have been compromised/hacked, password ***** etc.

Go to netflix.com from your computer and sign in to your account.

Then under Settings click on Sign out of all devices.

Unplug power to the roku for 60 seconds again to reboot it once more,

when it comes back on open netflix, and you should be prompted to link your netflix account again.